1. Even though I’ve been living in my apartment since October, I haven’t put anything up on the walls. I bought the stick-on hooks and everything I need, but I’m just too lazy! For now, my Japanese lantern lights and beautiful wood painting will rest on the floor.
2. Um, new favorite show? Off the Map. Grey’s Anatomy meets Lost with some Matt Saracen (from Friday Night Lights, best show ever) thrown in? Sheer brilliance.
3. I want to keep up with my French (I used to be proficient, though never quite fluent), and I’ve decided to do this in the best way possible: by reading Harry Potter in French. I’m so excited.
4. I twisted my ankle a few days ago, which has put a wrench in my half-marathon training. But it’s getting much better. Note to self: don’t run on old, cracked sidewalks in the dark. It’s just never a good idea.
5. I’m about to start cutting large portions of my Birdie WiP now that I’ve revised my outline and have a new direction I want to take it in. This is always the hardest part of revision for me: I hate watching the word count go down by the thousands. I’m saving all of my cut work in a separate document, though, so it won’t truly be gone!
Happy weekend, everyone! Anyone else becoming a fan of Off the Map? Anyone have any advice on how not to stress out as I cut large portions of my manuscript?