Happy Halloween, everyone! Here are five things that make me happy about this awesome holiday:
1. Candy. Definitely number one. Especially the candy I get half-off at the store the next day.
2. Costumes. I don’t tend to dress up (in college, I mainly viewed Halloween as an excuse to wear pajamas to class and tell people “I’m asleep” when they asked what I was dressed as), but I love seeing the things people come up with. Literary costumes are the best.
3. Horror movies. I occasionally like being scared out of my wits, I guess. The scariest movies to me are the ones where humans are the villains, because I can more easily convince myself that it could happen to me. Have you seen The Strangers? DON’T.
4. The whole concept of trick-or-treat. Whoever came up with the idea that you can just go to someone’s house and demand candy is genius.
5. The fact that it’s the start of the whole holiday season. My season lasts from Halloween until the first week of January, and it’s the best time of year. Filled with baking and holiday shopping and pumpkin spice lattes and birthdays and all good things.
Have a great holiday, everyone!
A/N: I'm over at E.R. King's awesome Get Busy Writing blog talking about my blog process and why I want to be Anne Shirley today! CLICK HERE to see it!